Signal quality problems caused by mismatched impedance can result in intermittent measurements and faulty diagnostics. This is most often observed when transporting a test program from one system to another, such as re-hosting it from an older generation system to a new one. The primary root cause of the impedance mismatch is the signal path from the UUT to the measurement instrument. The switching system technology often is responsible for much of the distortion. The Signal Buffer Module (SBM) is designed to receive a signal from the UUT with high impedance output and accurately reproduced it at the output for delivery to the measurement instrument. The SBM output matches the 50 ohm input impedance of most measurement instruments and result in significantly reduced signal distortion.
The SBM is a single PCB module and can easily be mounted into an ICT fixtures or a functional fixture/ITA. Multiple SBMs can be used as required. Each SBM is able to drive up to 100mA load. With a ±15V power supply, it can easily handle signals from DC to 6VAC peak to peak with unity gain and with the bandwidth of 100 MHz in frequency.
- Model part number: ASP-SBM-01 rev A
- Bandwidth: DC to 100 MHz
- Input impedance: 100 KOhm
- Input Voltage: DC to 6V PK – PK AC (With ±15V power supply)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Output Voltage: DC to 6V PK – PK AC (With ±15V power supply)
- Power supply voltage: ± 5V to ± 15V
- Power supply quiescent current: ± 29 mA
- Physical dimension: 1.98″ x 1.25″ (5.02 cm x 3.18 cm)
Free ground shipping to continental USA. Please contact us for international orders.